Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sketchbot 3d Print Progress



How cool is this? Gabriel from Crystalline Models was kind enough to snap a few pictures of the Sketchbot model in mid-print. I would love to see a time lapse of this process. The printer being used is the Objet Eden260V, which has a .00006” layer thicknesses (16 microns).

I'm extremely impressed with the turnaround time. I uploaded the geometry Friday afternoon, the print was finished later that night, then shipped out on Saturday. I could be receiving the pieces as early as tomorrow (Monday), which means I can start creating molds ASAP. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

FatKevin said...

Wow. Really rad to see all the steps happening here!

Lap Ngo said...

thats some kind of sick there steve! im excited for you! have a good time an NYCC. are you coming to SDCC?

Steve Talkowski said...

Thanks guys! I don't know yet if I'll be making the trip back out to San Diego yet, but I'll definitely be hitting Javitz Center in three weeks. :)