Thursday, July 24, 2008

SDCC - Sketchbot On Display @ ToyQube Booth #4837





Just back at the hotel and am already overwhelmed. San Diego Comic Con is HUGE! It's like 3 times the size of NYCC. (Incidentally, I was here a year ago for Siggraph, and that's a huge convention in itself) The big news (for me) is that Keith Poon from ToyQube had some extra space available and allowed me to put Sketchbot in his display case. I share a shelf with Hans "APW Gallery" Yim. Be sure to swing by booth #4837 to check out all the amazing work on view.

I got to talk extensively with Brian Flynn from Super-7, Matt Doughty from Onell Design, Shawn (Shawnimals) Smith, Kirby and Whitney from Rotofugi (I learned that my Sketchbot custom Plushform sold the other day!), and George, Ayleen and Matt from Toy Break. Sketchbot is being well received thus far.

Be sure to check out my exclusive SDCC Flickr set throughout the run of the convention for as many pictures that I can comfortably post each night before crashing. ;)

I'd also like to give a shout out to the following blogs that posted Sketchbot news items yesterday:

Jeremy Brautman from ToyCyte had nice things to say about my first design, as well as Brian Szabelski from Tomopop and a nice mini-interview I did with Andy from ToysREvil. I'll be meeting up with Jack from VinylPulse.com on Thursday.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

WAY COOL DUDE! I just added a pic of the display case to the post. ROCK ON. (I knew this would happen, but I didn't want to jinx ya.) http://www.toycyte.com/sketchbot-prototype-headed-for-sdcc-08

kaNO! said...

Awesome Steve and thanks for keeping us posted on the flickr side, hehe